Woodstock 50 has been cancelled, according to the investors in charge of putting up the money to produce the festival.
TMZ reports that Dentsu Aegis Network (the festival’s main investor) says it doesn’t “believe the production of the festival can be executed as an event worthy of the Woodstock Brand name while also ensuring the health and safety of the artists, partners and attendees.”
However, festival promoter Michael Lang hasn’t given up hope. He told TMZ the announcement was a “complete surprise” and that they “they’re not giving up on the festival yet.”
Speculation about whether the event would go through sparked last week when tickets did not go on sale on the announced date.
Organizers blamed the delay on working through permit logistics after applying for the event space in Watkins Glen, New York.
Woodstock 50 was announced to take place August 16 – 18 2019 with a line-up including acts like Jay-Z, Dead & Company, Santana, Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters, and more.
Woodstock 50!!! pic.twitter.com/YoylR4IT7Z
— The Killers (@thekillers) March 20, 2019
Were you planning on going to Woodstock 50? Let us know on social media @musicvaultz.