Rush Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary Crossword
Dear Rush Fans: Here are the answers for our Permanent Waves Crossword.
This one wasn’t easy, we hope you enjoyed it and now you know the band better!
- 3 The last name of the model on the cover of “Permanent Waves” is _________.
- 8 Famed producer Terry Brown co-produced a total of _______ Rush studio albums.
- 9 The “Permanent Waves” tour officially opened in January of 1980, in this country.
- 10 The guest pianist on “Different Strings”, from “Permanent Waves”, also played on this Rush track.
- 11 “The Spirit Of Radio” was inspired by CFNY-FM in Toronto. Therefore, “Permanent Waves” was personally delivered to CFNY by this person upon its completion.
- 12 Once the recording of “Permanent Waves” was completed, Alex began flying lessons at this airport in Toronto.
- 14 “Moving Pictures” was the follow-up album to “Permanent Waves”. The children seen on the “Moving Pictures” album cover were brought here as a reward for their services.
- 15 “The Spirit Of Radio” was performed live for the very first time, in this U.S. city.
- 16 Some of the live material featured in the 40th anniversary release of “Permanent Waves” was recorded at shows the band played at the Manchester Apollo in June of 1980. Who was the opening act for those shows?
- 19 "Entre Nous”, from “Permanent Waves”, was not performed in front of an audience until __________ years after it was released.
- 21 Pye Dubois contributed lyrics to a total of _______ different songs throughout Rush’s career.
- 22 The model on the cover of “Permanent Waves” worked for this modeling agency.
- 25 Within a month after completing the “Permanent Waves” tour, Geddy, Alex, and Neil helped record this track.
- 28 This band was the opening act at many shows on the “Permanent Waves” tour.
- 29 Another band signed to Anthem Records recorded an album in late 1979, and released it in early 1980. Who is credited with contributing to the song “Timekeeper” on that 1980 release?
- 31 Geddy sang the Canadian national anthem at the Major League Baseball All-Star game in 1993, which was held that year in this U.S. city.
- 32 Alex received a production credit in 1988 when he produced an EP by fellow Canadian band Clean Slate. Clean Slate were originally known as _____________.
- 35 The English translation of “Entre Nous” is _________________.
- 36 What was the original working title of “Permanent Waves”?
- 37 During the first night of writing material for “Permanent Waves”, the band created an instrumental tune briefly known as “Uncle ___________”.
- 38 “Different Strings”, from “Permanent Waves”, was never performed live. How many other Rush songs that were released in the 1980’s were never performed live?
- 1 Lyrics were written for this song that was planned for inclusion on “Permanent Waves”, but ended up not being used.
- 2 The studio where “Permanent Waves” was recorded was located in this Canadian province.
- 4 After completing the recording of “Permanent Waves”, Geddy found time in late 1979 make his debut as a producer, producing this album.
- 5 "Permanent Waves” cover artist Hugh Syme suggested that the “Permanent Waves” album cover model look like this American film star from the 1940’s & 1950’s.
- 6 The first name of the photographer who photographed the model for the album cover is_________.
- 7 Rush originally planned to release one of these after the conclusion of the “Permanent Waves” tour.
- 13 “Permanent Waves” reached as high as number _______ on the U.S. Billboard charts.
- 14 The Spirit Of Radio” was inspired by radio station CFNY-FM in Toronto. The last name of the program director at CFNY at the time of the release of “Permanent Waves” was ___________.
- 17 Pye Dubois contributed lyrics to a total of _______ songs on “Permanent Waves”.
- 18 “Alien Shore” is a song featured on Rush’s 1993 studio album, “Counterparts”. Which band released an album called “Alien Shores”, that includes a guest appearance by a member of Rush?
- 19 The headline of the newspaper that appeared on the original “Permanent Waves” album cover touted a victory for ________ Dewey.
- 20 What is the name of the softball team that some of the band members played on in the mid-1980’s? Hint- the team is credited in the “Hold Your Fire” liner notes.
- 23 What was the name of the studio where “Permanent Waves” was recorded?
- 24 Which city’s newspaper featured a factually incorrect headline, as seen on the front cover of the original “Permanent Waves” album release?
- 26 The “Dewey” who appeared in the newspaper headline on the cover of “Permanent Waves” was governor of this state.
- 27 Alex Lifeson played on a cover version of a classic rock staple in 1989, originally recorded by this band.
- 30 “Natural Science”, from “Permanent Waves”, is identified by its three movements, the third of which is titled __________.
- 33 “Permanent Waves” was Rush’s ________ studio album.
- 34 The first name of the man seen on the front cover of “Permanent Waves”, leaning against the sign, is _________.